Monday, April 4, 2011

Ugh, these kids do not like writing. We've been working on persuasive essays and it's not going so well. Today was a little better. We decided to give the essays two more days. I gave them a sneak peak of the novel we'll start on Wednesday, and it seemed to help motivate them.

I did have a student tell me that she can't stop thinking about the logos, ethos and pathos though. That it cool. She started noticing the different ways people have been trying to convince to do stuff. Funny.

While I was working this past weekend, I thought about how Franklin should have its own yearbook, considering that the EL yearbook is about $75. I brought it up during Monday morning meeting, and now we're making a yearbook. Should be interesting. I have a feeling that it will only get more complicated in the coming days though. Mr. Barlow says that he thinks it should become an annual thing for Franklin. He says it would be a great idea to incorporate it into future curriculum. As in, make it a mandatory part of English class. Kind of like a yearbook club. I have been thinking about clubs too. It's really too bad that there aren't any clubs. I know this might seem weird, but I'd really like to start a GSA or Alliance. There are enough gay kids there, I think it would help them. I loved my high school GSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment