I went to a funeral today. It was interesting. There were about 35 kids, I think. They were very respectful, and even I had a hard time sitting through all that. I don't know how tomorrow will be. I expect a few students to still be in a haze of sorts.
I am still having a hard time planning all of my lessons the night before. There is too much to think about. Lecture, transitions, individual work, group work, hands on activities, project based lessons, worksheets.
The school is a little bit like therapy this week. Sometimes it’s nice, and sometimes it’s a little too much. Russ gives a good dose of reality though.
I talked to him about my lesson planning. He thinks that I am thinking too much, and I think I am thinking too much too, but I also think that I should be thinking more. Those teachers could go to school for a whole year and pull lessons out of their butts. That is some serious skill. I can't lecture the way they can. They have stories and I don't.
There is so much I wish I had done at the beginning of my lesson or middle. So much I feel like I keep forgetting. I am still trying to figure out some kind of short story packetness for period 1. They want individual/project-based work. That is tough because it's so boring to me, but I guess that they would rather do boring stuff.
I feel nauseous in the morning because I'm nervous to go to school. Russ would definitely make fun of me if he knew that. If I just chill out, I should be fine.
I am starting a unit in technology soon. Probably right after vacation. Russ is getting me the info for a unit on Stress too. The students will be making a brochure.
I am starting to think that I would have an easier time teaching if I were going for something more relative to real life.
No comments:
Post a Comment