Saturday, February 19, 2011

This week was a lot better than last week. It was more casual and more fun.

I think I need to step up the curriculum though. It's tough because half the kids will pretty much know it and half of them will have no idea. It's also tough because about a third of my students are failing. Ha. Franklin is such an odd school.

I don't know if I would be comfortable working in a public school. I feel like I'm really starting to undestand where that "line" is between student and teacher. Russ says that all of the teachers think that they're amateur counselors. I guess any teacher thinks that though. Sometimes I drive home to Farmington wishing I had kept a comment to myself instead of telling a student. I don't know.



Vacation was not as productive as I had hoped. Of course, vacations never are.

I start my new units this week, and I'm pretty excited. Technology is going to be fun I think. Health is going to be stressful. Haha. Stressful. I'm doing a unit on stress. I actually did a presentation on how stress affects teenagers in my Middle Grades Education class with Grace Ward. I looked over my Brain Based Learning book this past week and I feel okay with the information. It's interesting to research how stress affects people in different ways and then actually feel how stress can affect you in so many ways. I don't understand why I'm this stressed because I generally do very well under pressure. I think that I'm freaked out about being responsible for the education of x numbers of little people. I am their teacher. I am responsible for given them (at least a portion) of the information they need to survive in life. It makes what I teach them feel so small, especially when you think about where they come from–literally. Why would they care about static or dynamic characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment