Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I went home Friday feel very nervous about not being in school on Monday.
I was worried that my subplans weren't detailed enough, but as I was writing them, I realized that I can only say so much. I was interesting to think about how much responsibility should be placed on the sub. I immediately wanted to find an activity that would be individual and clear, so the students would essentially be able to figure it out by themselves. Mr. Barlow ended up teaching, and he was really impressed with my use of technology. He is a little bit of a nut.

I enjoyed the civil rights training on Monday and the standards-based teaching presentation. I discussed the training a little bit with my students and also had them take a safety survey. The results were not very surprising. Franklin is great because it's such a close knit group of teachers and students, but one of the ways it becomes close knit is by creating this imaginary villain, aka Edward Little or random ignorant adults or past teachers who just don't understand. It certainly seems to work, but I wonder what effect it has on students when it comes to empathizing with others or seeing both sides of a story. Anyway, the survey went over okay.

Russ is trying to get me into Franklin. It's nice to have so many mentors like Russ and you and Mr. E, but it also is a little overwhelming

No comments:

Post a Comment